Tortelloni Alla Stefania
8-9 oz. Cheese filled tortelloni (fresh preferred)
2 cups canned, peeled tomatoes (San Marzano preferred)
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
1 quart water
1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano
1. Heat 1 quart water to boil (salted generously).
2. In another pot combine canned tomatoes and butter.
3. Heat tomatoes and butter until butter is melted, lower heat and cook on low for 10-15 minutes.
4. Remove tomatoes and butter from heat and cream together with a hand mixer / emulsifier.
5. Cook tortelloni in salted water as per instructions until tender.
6. Drain tortelloni and place in serving bowl, then top with tomato and butter sauce and freshly grated parmigiano.
7. Buon appetito!