Philadelphia native Daniel Cotton was lured into the culinary world when his passion for this industry and for food was recognized at an early age by his grandmother, who raised him in Myrtle Beach, SC. "Danny" went on to study the culinary arts at Horry-Georgetown Technical College and earned his Bachelors of Business at Coastal Carolina University. Currently, he is working towards his MBA through online courses at the University of Phoenix.
Danny served an internship at Greg Norman's Australian Grille under Chef Eric Martinez where he learned to develop his own unique style and flair. He continued with his career as Executive Chef at a variety of restaurants such as Duffy’s Street Seafood Shack, Travinia Italian Kitchen and Wine Bar and The Library Restaurant.
In addition to cooking, Danny's passion is to develop younger chefs to discover their own talents in the same way that he was encouraged. He loves playing with his pups, golf, motorcycles, surfing, wrestling and trips to the beach. Danny believes wholeheartedly in staying active, continuously learning and always having fun.
Roasted Salmon Wrap
Step 1: Salmon Marinade
5 oz. fresh salmon, diced
1 cup vegetable oil
1 T cumin
1 tsp cayenne
1 T Adobo sauce from canned chipotles
1 T lime juice
1/4 cup cilantro
Mix all marinade ingredients together and marinate salmon for 6 hours in refrigerator. Remove salmon from marinade and proceed to step 2.
Step 2: Avocado Salsa
2 avocados, diced
2 roma tomatoes, with seeds removed and diced
¼ cup red onion, diced
l T cilantro, finely minced
l tsp freshly ground pepper
2 tsp kosher salt
l T lime juice
l T vegetable oil
Mix avocado salsa ingredients together in mixing bowl and set aside.
Step 3: Assembly
2 T Cheddar / Monterrey Jack cheese
2 T sour cream
2 T roasted tomato salsa
1 oz lettuce
10” whole wheat tortilla
juice of ½ lime
1. Place marinated salmon in an oven-proof skillet; set on top rack of preheated 350 degree oven for 8 minutes.2. Lightly heat a l0" whole wheat flour tortilla on both sides in a nonstick pan over med. heat.
3. Remove tortilla and squeeze half a lime over center of hot tortilla.
4. Add shredded lettuce
5. Top with shredded Cheddar / Monterrey Jack Cheese, roasted salmon, roasted salsa, avocado salsa.
6. Roll like a burrito, halve on bias and shingle (place other) on a dinner plate.
7. Add sour cream and your favorite roasted tomato salsa.
8. Serve with a side item, such as pasta salad.